Dating at any age may feel complicated or overwhelming. However, it does not have to be. In most cases, women over 40 have had enough dating experience to know what they do and do not want in a relationship. Women over 40 are more likely to be established, have homes, established friends, and secure jobs. You are more likely to know what you are looking for.
Generally speaking, there are two types of dating women over 40. There are women looking for someone similar in age and interests that they can develop a long-term relationship with. Then there are the cougars that are looking to date younger men. Cougars are also more likely to be looking to date a lot and have fun; opposed to sifting through the options looking for the perfect mate.
Regardless of which category you fit into, this dating advice can be applied to your situation.
1. You have to put yourself out there. No matter how much you want to meet someone or several someones, you aren’t going to meet them sitting home thinking about it. There are plenty of readers who are probably reading this and thinking, well that’s common sense. You would be surprised how many women simply sit home wishing they had a man in their life.
2. Be interesting. Don’t talk to perspective dates about how long it has been since you’ve been with a man. Don’t talk about your cat or your kids that don’t talk to you any more. Men won’t want to talk to you for long if you are negative or clearly have nothing to talk about. If you don’t think you have anything personally interesting to say, talk about something going on where you are. If you’re at a game, talk about the game. If you’re at a bar, talk about the crazy drunk chick trying to sing karaoke.
3. Be attractive. Let me first say, you don’t need to be attractive in the mainstream media sense of the word. Don’t assume you know what guys are looking for. Just show them that you care about the way you look. Don’t go out to dinner in your pajamas. Comb your hair. It doesn’t take much to show men you care about the way you look.
4. Be honest about what you are looking for. It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for a life partner or a hook-up, be honest with the men you meet. There are men out there looking for life partners or just hook-ups. If you are honest about what you are looking for, you will be more likely to find a man with the same goals.
5. Have fun. I have heard it said, you don’t stop having fun when you’re old, you’re old when you stop having fun. Many women may get self-conscious about their age when thinking about dating. However, the old adage ‘you’re as young as you feel’ is true. Get out and have fun, and you will be surprised how many men will be attracted to your energy.
Regardless of age, there are a number of mistakes women commonly make that prevent them from being able to date the kind of men they are looking for. Want Dating Older Women Or Younger Men , Visit www.agemeet.com